Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

Freedom to Dance Stefano Di Filippo, world champion Latin dancer, retires until further notice

Go down

Freedom to Dance Stefano Di Filippo, world champion Latin dancer, retires until further notice  Empty Freedom to Dance Stefano Di Filippo, world champion Latin dancer, retires until further notice

Post  ChaCha Wed 22 Dec - 18:42

Article from Jeannette Golubovic

Stefano Di Filippo, world champion Latin dancer, retires until further noticeIn a recent press release, Latin Dancesport World Champion, Stefano Di Filippo states that he will retire from the sport until his country changes their dance system. The Italian dance federation has banned its dancers from competing in the most elite competitions in the world in order to accomodate Olympic entries for Dancesport. It is a sad day today for ballroom dance fans, who have been following Di Filippo's amazing career these past few years. Di Filippo's personal statement is as follows:

Stefano Di Filippo - press release
Lettera Aperta di Stefano Di Filippo 

Freedom to Dance Stefano Di Filippo, world champion Latin dancer, retires until further notice  Stefano_di_filipppo

Dear friends of the Dancing World,

I chose to speak to all of you in this great world of dance that we share, by using the most direct means of communication. Like all of us, at times we can feel like "hanging our shoes up" and stopping dancing, because maybe we reach a plateau, or find problems in our partnership, cost, or some other problem.

However, if you really want you can always find a way around the problem, everything is possible, real and valid!

But I believe it is not acceptable or valid to be put into a difficulty or problem by the choices and decisions of someone else, which is motivated by politics and power and not about dance.

In particular I am talking about the ban on dancing the biggest competitions in the world which are run in England such as the U.K, BRITISH and INTERNATIONAL Championships . For dancers they are, and have always been, something to build for and gauge your success throughout your career.

Recently I have been pressured not to dance in U.K. Competitions, and when on one occasion Olga and I were allowed to dance in England from our Federation, we found we have to suffer financial consequences after dancing !!??!!

When we danced recently in the International final, we enjoyed the experience so much and felt rejuvenated again as a dancer . Being surrounded once more by all the worlds top competitors and judges after our enforced isolation over the previous six month, felt great!!!

What was curios was the many compliments and praise offered by the worlds dancers, teachers, and judges, which was in sharp contrast to the silence and isolation shown to us after, by our Italian federation. I am not saying that all U.K. Competitions are great and all overseas competitions are bad, I am simply saying individually, we have the god given right in the year 2011 to decide for ourselves where and when we dance, and no one should be able to take that personal right to choose away from us.

I am who I am today as a result of my experiences over the last years in both I.D.S.F. and U.K. Competitions, and I value both equally, and feel as a dancer we should be able to compete in both and not have to concern ourselves with politics ! This letter is open to all of you to think about your position in this situation as we all are at moment. I would feel very bad if in the future, if more of you are placed under the same pressure I have been over the last year, which has obligated me to take the decision which sees me leaving the Italian Federation, and the country I love so much.

It is with a heavy heart I find myself out of F.I.D.S. and i will not return back until my freedom and the general goodwill and fairness returns to the Italian dance system. This is not just about me, I believe in a fair open system which is for all of us, in every country and every federation!

I am a dancer who strongly believes in the rules of the Olympic sport system, but I don't understand at all, a sport without democracy .

Your Sincerely
Stefano Di Filippo

PS. My thanks goes to all the websites and papers that publish this in attempt to make our dance world a better place... ....enough is enough... !!!

Lettera Aperta di Stefano Di Filippo 
Carissime amiche e carissimi amici del ballo, ho scelto di parlare al popolo della Danza e con quanti a diverso titolo vivono questo incantevole mondo del ballo, utilizzando l’unico strumento che mi consente una comunicazione immediata. Come spesso accade nei momenti difficili, noi tutti pensiamo a volte di “appendere le scarpe al chiodo”, pensiero che ultimamente si presentava sempre più frequentemente anche nella mia testa...

Si può lasciare la Danza perché troppo costosa… ma dopo alcuni ripensamenti mi son detto: aumento i sacrifici e vado avanti;

Si può lasciare la Danza perché con il partner “la storia è finita” (ed io so bene cosa significa), ma se cerchi … trovi “una nuova forza” per continuare;

Si può lasciare la Danza perché pensi di aver raggiunto la massima prestazione possibile, ma poi basta un gesto … e comprendi che puoi ancora crescere.

Tutto ciò è possibile, reale, valido; però non può essere valido sentirsi “competitore in difficoltà” per scelte altrui che hanno “poco di sportivo” e “molto di politico”.

In particolare, mi riferisco al divieto di partecipare alle grandi manifestazioni sportive internazionali che si svolgono in Inghilterra e che sono, per noi “ballerini - atleti – competitori” grandi occasioni di crescita. Agli atleti italiani si negano tali opportunità, a “tutti i costi”, per “un pezzo di potere altrui in più”. Si può non partecipare per libera scelta, ma non si può negare l’opportunità di crescita.

Personalmente mi è stato concesso “il lasciapassare verbale” per partecipare agli International lo scorso ottobre, per poi ricevere inviti a non farlo, e, ogni qual volta ho risposto che ci sarei andato ho visto disdire qualche appuntamento preso in precedenza.

Testardamente, con Olga, abbiamo partecipato agli International, portando onore alla “Nostra Bandiera”; onore riconosciuto con silenzio e isolamento.

Ho ricevuto riconoscimenti personali da atleti e coach (forse è questa la vera soddisfazione), ma silenzio e isolamento dalla Federazione e Nazione per cui ballo.

Non sto dicendo che le competizioni in Inghilterra sono le migliori e tutte le altre competizioni sono schifose, sto semplicemente dicendo che nel 2011 grazie a Dio dovremmo avere la libertà di decidere per noi stessi dove e quando vogliamo ballare, e nessun altro dovrebbe prendere decisioni al di fuori di noi.

Sono quello che sono oggi grazie alle esperienze e ai risultati ottenuti negl ultimi anni grazie a tutte le competizioni, IDSF e INGLESI, e valorizzo loro esattamente allo stesso modo.

Forse sbaglia chi come me pensa solo a svolgere il suo ruolo e non comprende gli atteggiamenti politici, per me oscuri.

Questa mia lettera é aperta a tutti Voi, per riflettere sulla vostra posizione, perché tutti noi siamo nella stessa situazione , per augurarmi che tutto ciò non si ripeta per altri, mi dispiacerebbe che altri atleti ingrossino le fila di chi come me é stato messo sotto pressione negl ultimi 6 mesi e si vede costretto alla decisione di non essere più iscritto alla Federazione Italiana Danza Sportiva, portandosi dietro il bagaglio di tanti ricordi belli e di tanti ricordi amari che resteranno privati.

Si, perché a malincuore ho deciso di non ballare per la FIDS fino a quando questo stato di cose non cambierá riportando indietro la libertà e il buonsenso generale all'interno della nostra Federazione Italiana .

Questa lettera non é scritta solo per motivi personali, ma é rivolta tutti noi italiani, a tutte le nazioni e a tutte le federazioni.

Sono un atleta che crede fortemente alle regole del CONI e dello sport, ma non comprendo la NON DEMOCRAZIA nello sport.

Affettuosamente.

Stefano Di Filippo

P.S. Ringrazio i Responsabili dei Vari siti e tutti i giornali che hanno permesso la pubblicazione dei miei pensieri e che in qualche modo cercano insieme al sottoscritto di fare del nostro mondo, un mondo migliore.

ChaCha

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

Back to top Go down