Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

The WDSF (IDSF) are NOT winning the war they declared

Go down

The WDSF (IDSF) are NOT winning the war they declared Empty The WDSF (IDSF) are NOT winning the war they declared

Post  ChaCha Fri 9 Mar - 10:55

Taken from Danceleaks the site for first hand info http://www.danceleaks.com/

The WDSF (IDSF) are NOT winning the war they declared

Hazel Fletcher has kindly given her permission for the opening of her report on the UK Open Amateur Latin to be reproduced here. Thank you Hazel for the excellent summary of the situation and agreement. Your words deserve the widest possible audience.

Sitting in my office already a week after the United Kingdom Amateur Latin Championship I am re-living the proceedings through my notes and my mind is full of wonderful memories of the whole day. I feel elated just recalling some of the wonderful atmosphere and dancing. Then I suddenly remember this event was banned by the WDSF (IDSF) and could have been a total disaster!

Technically if the WDSF are, as they falsely claim, "The only World Organisation for Amateurs" no one should have danced! So can the WDSF be happy that there was a first round of 8 heats with exemption of the top couples participating in the next two rounds? Probably not! Do we care, YES of course we care for the poor couples who only have an agenda to dance anywhere the choose amongst the best couples in the World and are being embroiled in a political situation they should not have to endure.

But do we care from the point the WDSF are trying to sabotage some of Great Britain's oldest and newest most wonderful events. A resounding NO because as this year's United Kingdom has shown WDSF are not winning the war thy have declared. This event, with the incredibly high standard of dancing, proved that the dancers are standing up for their rights, going against the bans and willing to take the consequences.

The WDSF are saying the couples "can't" dance but a great entry proved that many couples "CAN" dance and "WILL" dance in spite of the actions of the WDSF.

I can only summarise the event as a huge success. .

ChaCha

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

Back to top Go down