Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

Stress Relief Tips – Dance Your Way to Freedom From Stress and Depression

Go down

Stress Relief Tips – Dance Your Way to Freedom From Stress and Depression Empty Stress Relief Tips – Dance Your Way to Freedom From Stress and Depression

Post  swinganddance Fri 21 Jan - 12:16

Stress Relief Tips – Dance Your Way to Freedom From Stress and Depression

Recent studies at two different universities found that dance lowers levels of stress hormones and significantly lowers levels of depression. I can only very passionately recommend dancing as a stress relief tip!

I have trained in Dance Meditation, that is dancing and expressing with our body movements what we are feeling in the moment, to the sound of the music. And letting And letting the body move and change and improvise new movements…

I have read that during these hard economic times, in the US people either go to yoga studios or bars. People are looking for stress reduction, outlets for their stress and solutions for the depression. These two options are used as stress-busters.

In the stress-filled world of recruitment, managing talent and employee retention, the chances are one is vaguely aware that yoga is good for us. We may have heard that it’s effective for stress relief and depression or to help ward off back problems.

Yet yoga styles are many and very different one from the other. Finding the right class, and a yoga style that will work for you can be quite a time-consuming and confusing endeavor.

It’s a shame as yoga is one of the best things you can do, not only to safeguard your health but the practice of requiring you to focus attention and be fully present in the moment – much like the practice of mindfulness – takes our mind away from that compulsive thinking mind that I mention again below!

This stress relief tip regarding practicing Dance Meditation is that it’s about letting the body move enhanced by the stimulation of the music giving the impulse. The longer one lets oneself be carried by this stimulus and one gives the power over to the body to move of its own accord instead of controlling the movements with the mind, the more one can enter into the ‘non-thinking’ dimension and attain an expansion of consciousness that takes us way beyond the narrow, robotic and compulsive thinking mind that is stuck on and in stress.

Attaining this state – and by the way it is attainable by everyone (even I experienced it!) – is fairly easily accessible if one loves dancing and/or is willing to start, and also willing to experience ecstasy which is itself the enemy of the stressed out and depressed mind!

Are you willing to give up stress and depression? Take my stress relief tips: Dance your way to freedom from Stress and Depression as well as use Mindfulness with Yoga.
http://dancing.dracony.org/2011/01/21/stress-relief-tips-dance-your-way-to-freedom-from-stress-and-depression/

swinganddance

Anzahl der Beiträge : 277

Back to top Go down