Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

Revolt against IDSF direction grows

Go down

Revolt against IDSF direction grows Empty Revolt against IDSF direction grows

Post  ChaCha Tue 25 Jan - 1:19

From dancesportinfo.net
Re: Revolt against IDSF direction grows.

Friday, 14 January 2011 11:34
More and more people are turning their back on the IDSF. The evidence continues to mount that dancers, coaches, adjudicators are unhappy with current trends.
Some are amongst the most well know names in dance others may not be famous worldwide but all make up our danceworld and all are important.

IDSF has been strong in Eastern Europe but even there people no longer accept the situation.

Michael Skočdopole from the Czech Republic a man who has devoted much of his life to dance has sent this letter to the IDSF President.

More than 30 years I have been living by dancing, initially as an active dancer, then as a trainer and
judge. As a judge, I have tried to be very objective, but also preferred the artistic value of the dance.
However, recently I have found that the new leadership of the IDSF is heading the dance in another
direction than in which it had been naturally developing. It is a preferred sporting feature before the
expression of dance, character of dance, dancers emotionality. It is a trend for the dance, which I
consider to be very harmful. But the biggest recent problem is that the dance competitions, especially
the titular competitions, are being dominated by the politics. Sport evaluated by a jury, which is
affected by the politics, is critically ill and can be difficult to heal.

ChaCha

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

Back to top Go down