Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

I fall in love again... from Augusto Schiavo

Go down

I fall in love again... from Augusto Schiavo Empty I fall in love again... from Augusto Schiavo

Post  moshe lévy Sun 6 Mar - 20:11

Moshe has been away for some time from the forum - but we had important times here in Chicago

Admire the Silhouette/Skyline of Chicago - http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en.html

Chicago Elections 2011: City Votes for New Mayor, Aldermen

Why is this important? Because it talks about freedom - end of discrimination, intimidation and undemocratic decisions which cost the tax payer billions of dollars!

CHICAGO -- Former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel was elected mayor of Chicago on Tuesday, easily overwhelming five rivals to take the helm of the nation's third-largest city as it prepares to chart a new course without the retiring Richard M. Daley.

So, can we see some writing on the wall? - We see regimes tumbling in the Arab Countries, the IDSF kicked out of the USA, IDSF losing in court in Russia and finally the disastrous situation in Italy - but things are changing rapidly - FOR THE BETTER.

So what happens in dear lovely Switzerland? - Any light at the end of the tunnel that at the AGM March 12, 2011 the present board of directors of the STSV will be sent home? For good?
Have a re-start, from scratch, implement democratic ruling? Is there a contingency plan to pick up the pieces when Mr. Varisco and Mr. Waller go home? Moshe is watching closely - as is the entire dance world.

It is time to send people home that have brought down a well respected dance org. (when Mr. Rudi Baumann was still at the helm of the IDSF and others in Switzerland with more democratic education "we love fair sport for every body, not regarding, sex, race, color and when it was not important with WHOM you had your private dance lessons.....")

So, Moshe thought in the light of all these developments we again have to draw our attention on a great personality in our Dance World, who wrote a great note!

Everybody sit back and read for 5 minutes - and relax!

I fall in love again...
Autor: Augusto Schiavo

I have fallen all in love with ballroom dancing again.

For some time I completely lost my interest and love for the world of ballroom dancing. The reason I think was that I could not understand all the fighting that has happened in the past years. This has limited not only the Freedom to dance and also the Freedom of Choice, but has also stopped the improvement of the couples.

So I began a journey to leave this world that I really love and have loved for so many years, and to spend my energy and LIFE in another direction, BUT when love strikes you can't ignore it.

The first tears in my eyes came as I was watching the final of the Amateur Latin competition of the International Championship at the Royal Albert Hall, where ballroom dancing fits perfectly and is most incredible setting for a dance competition.
When I saw this young couple making the final for the first time, Ferdinando and Yulia and all the competitors went to congratulate with them, with sincerity that told me that
"Friendship Through Dance" as Mr. Bill Irvine use to say is possible and still exist.

The second tears came when Peter and Kristina, dance their last performance, at the Albert Hall, the dancing, the words that were spoken, opened my heart to emotion that has cynically been ignored.

Then on Friday night after the International Championship I was invite to attend the Welcome dinner of the London Ball.

I found myself seated at the table with the most respect people in our dancing industry and I must say I was very surprised and proud, to be seated with some of my teachers and former competitors.
In this evening I had so much fun dancing socially with many of my teachers, fellow competitors and friends, with the wonderful sound of the Empress Orchestra and some wine, it seems that the evening was too short. Going home that night I said to myself I am glad that I have so many friends that also care and enjoy dancing, and I so very excited that ot was difficult to switch my brain off I really hope that we can have more dinners like this where we can just "Have Fun".

The Saturday, The London Ball took place and I want to congratulate the Hans Galke,Andrew Sinkinson, Bryan Watson, Carmen, having the courage to take this strong step in the right direction.

This was not a competition it was really a Ball, and one famous adjudicator said on the day "THE COUPLES TODAY DID NOT COMPETE, THEY DANCED" and this said it all.
(Please note: The competition was not granted by the IDSF - many couples took great risks! - but the Freedom to Dance was stronger [note from Moshe who was there].

You could see clearly why competitions should be run by former Champions. There was a clear sensation of respect for everyone in the room, couples, adjudicators, spectators; they all walked around the ballroom in a great atmosphere of Friendship. This can be done only by people that have experience competitions on their skin for many years. The attention given to every detail from these people made me proud to know them, and be a competitor of their era, I congratulate them and wish them all the success for next year.

Well I can only say that I feel that the world of ballroom dancing is heading in the right direction with such competitions, I hope to see more event like this take place. For sure this will put a shadow on all the others matter that are not important, and give back to the world of ballroom dancing, the respect, and attention that it deserves.

Thanks to all of you to allow me to fall in love again.

Augusto Schiavo

moshe lévy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

Back to top Go down