Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

WDSF / IDSF Banning

Go down

WDSF / IDSF Banning  Empty WDSF / IDSF Banning

Post  ChaCha Mon 29 Aug - 14:33

Jacques Klop
The plot thickens... below en excerpt from the ACDA page in regards to our top Latin couples;

The WDSF have stated that our two representatives couples to the WDSF World Latin Championship 2011, Arkady Bakenov & Rosa Filipello and Jeremy Basile & Megan Wragg “will not be permitted” to participate based on them having participated in the Freedom to Dance competition in England, May 2011, which by its very definition was not restricted to ANY international body members and not registered with the WDSF. This action has been taken by the WDSF directly to restrict the couples entry to the World Latin.

As a result, DSA (DanceSport Australia) has been asked to nominate two more representatives. We are not sure at this stage if they will do so. However we do know that the most likely next two couples, based on the 2010 Australian Rep Selection Event, also participated in the Freedom To Dance Competition, so they most likely "will not be permitted" as well.

Margaret Burns
If the top couples are not allowed to participate at any event, then that event becomes a minor and unimportant event to be ignored by all. Just ignore it and move on to other less politically inclined events. If all couples did this they would have the power. They decide what is important and what is not. A title is only good if the second and third etc. positions are good also, otherwise it means nothing. Accept the ban, spread the word, and hopefully, all the couples will transfer their loyalty to other events that are "open".

Richard Gleave
The situation with the two Australian Couples being banned from the WDSF World Latin American Championships in Singapore is dispicable, and shows the World of Dance even more the importance of "Freedom". That Denmark should have complained is extremely disappointing. Until now, Denmark has always been democratic and had a magnificent dance history.

Anthony Hurley
I like so many of us throughout the world condemn the unbelievable actions taken by the WDSF in banning a countries first two representatives from participating in their world latin championships. Of course the country in question is Australia. Whilst I live on the beautiful Gold Coast in that country I have never had any membership of any society or the governing bodies, so my thoughts are entirely personal.Therefore I ask Dance Sport Australia are you going to protest in the strongest terms and fight for your members rights bearing in mind they are not themselves members of the WDSF,so legally they cannot pass any actions on these couples. I also pose the question will other international couples who may be potential finalists in the worlds on the form and ranking basis also be banned. Will any other countries have the guts to stand up and say "we will support these unfortunate Australian couples and boycott the championships in an effort to show the powers to be that they deslike the methods being handed out". By stopping a countries represenatives to dance they could also stop a member countries right to be represented. As Australia are one of the oldest competing nations in the world it seems the WDSF are attacking those members who have been pioneers in the development of competitive dancing.So Dance Sport Australia show us what your made of, What would the Micky Powell's and his team have done in their day.Stood up for the rights of all Australian dancers.

Answer to the problems is easy
http://www.wdcamateurleague.com/event_calender.php

ChaCha

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

Back to top Go down