Swiss Dancers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swiss Dance Sport council
CLICK.
The Swiss Open
The Swiss Open CLICK.
Freedom has come

Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland

3 posters

Go down

Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland Empty Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland

Post  GoSwissGo Fri 13 May - 9:41

Mr Tommy Shaugnessy one time Sports Directo for the failed International Professional DanceSport Council has placed in the public domain a statement relating to a Protest meeting, A Day of Solidarity, against the Irish IDSF member Dance Sport Ireland. This will take place on Sunday 15th May.

To whom it may concern

I would like to express some thoughts and beliefs on the current situation affecting us in our dance community.

The protest organised for Sunday 15th, outside the Grand Hotel in Malahide, is not designed to undermine any social dancer or social dancer’s competition. So, please social dancers do not see this as an attack on you, your right to compete or your right to enjoy your dancing.

This protest is against recent actions of DanceSport Ireland. Please keep in mind, DanceSport in not just a hobby to many of these young dancers, it is their careers. They have made great sacrifices to reach the level of dancing they have now achieved. They, in the coming years, will contribute greatly to dancing in Ireland, because of their knowledge, ability and worldwide experiences and the entire dance community will certainly benefit from this.

So, please take a moment to understand the frustration that these dancers are feeling, particularly the two couples that should have represented Ireland at the IDSF European Standard Championships in Poland this weekend, but, did not receive the official invitations. Think back to when you were young and wished that adults better understood your desires and beliefs. These young people will hold a peaceful protest on Sunday next and they will hope, as I do, dancers nationally and internationally will fully understand the message they wish to extend.

The International IDSF say their Athletes are the priority, and all their member bodies must protect their athletes within their Sports Federations, so you can understand why many of us are a little confused as to what is happening in Ireland: are our athletes the priority ?

So, for those who decide to go to the Grand Hotel on Sunday, I hope you enjoy your days dancing, but, spare a thought for the dancers outside the gates, yes it maybe extreme, but this is where dancing in Ireland has taken them.

Tommy Shaughnessy

GoSwissGo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

Back to top Go down

Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland Empty Video of the Protest

Post  Ksenia Tue 24 May - 10:20

Ballroom dancing dying - No flags flying !!!!!!!!!!!

This protest was organised by the
Irish DanceSport Competitors Corporation
they were protesting against recent actions of
DanceSport Ireland (Irish IDSF member)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXO641maiEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmr6nyoiJfQ

Ksenia

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

Back to top Go down

Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland Empty IDCC protest day at DSI Comp. Malahide

Post  Jesus Tue 24 May - 14:05

IDCC protest day at DSI Comp. Malahide
It would seem sadden times when it comes to young couples wanting to dance and are blocked.
I have been told this happened in the past in Switzerland and now it seems to be spreading into Ireland.

I have looked at the youtube videos and I congratulate the people standing in the background holding the signs. Chanting out and believing in the message for freedom to let couples dance and stop this insane nonsense from power hungry organisations.

It is quite clear to me that the time has come to break away from this stupid thinking and to try something new.

Now you have an alternative that is growing fast WDC AL and also freedom to dance events.
This is your way to get away from the mess and pressure and come back to the basics and reason you dance . Music floor good judges and fair play.

Ireland I wish you luck in your dancing. It is not finished it could be the start of something even greater it just needs the courage you have.

Jesus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 13

Back to top Go down

Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland Empty Re: Protest Meeting against IDSF Member in Ireland - Dancesport Ireland

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down